As part of its missions, CHANGINS | School of Viticulture and Oenology leads applied research and development projects (aR&D) in close collaboration with viticulture and oenology sectors.
Changins, through its research activities, wants to contribute to the innovation and to scientific, technical and economic influence of Swiss vitiviniculture.
The aR&D projects, recognized nationally and internationally, produce new knowledge which enables the improvement of teaching, as well as technical and scientific innovations in the field of vine and wine.
The aR&D in CHANGINS:
- Develops innovative technologies with private partners to increase their competitiveness in the market
- Responds to the needs of the wine industry by proposing innovative solutions to enhance diversity, authenticity, competitiveness and quality of products while ensuring that they remain economically and ecologically sustainable
- Provides solutions that meet technical and legislative requirements
- Supports knowledge development and sharing
- Enables the development of interdisciplinary relationships with Swiss and international partners
Crop production, quality and maturity of the products
- Sustainable production and protection of the environment
- Viticultural terroirs
Wines, brandies and foodstuffs
- Originality et quality of products
- Vinification techniques and innovative technologies
- Sustainable vine and wine sector and by-products valorisation
- Oenological and sensory analysis, consumer studies
Wine business and wine marketing
Do you have a project or an idea you want to develop?
Contact us !
Jean-Philippe Burdet, aR&D manager
BURGGRAF, A and RIENTH, M. 2020
Origanum vulgare essential oil vapour impedes Botrytis cinerea development on grapevine (Vitis vinifera) fruit
Phytopathologia Mediterranea, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 331-344 (link)
GHAFFARI, S., REYNARD, J. S., RIENTH, M., 2020
Single berry reconstitution prior to RNA-sequencing reveals novel insights into transcriptomic remodeling by leafroll virus infections in grapevines
Scientific Reports, 10:12905 (link)
FOURNIER, B., PEREIRA DOS SANTOS, S., GUSTAVSEN J. A., IMFELD, G., LAMY, F., MITCHELL, E. A. D, MOTA, M., NOLL, D., PLANCHAMP, C., HEGER, T. J., 2020
Impact of a synthetic fungicide (fosetyl-Al and propamocarb-hydrochloride) and a biopesticide (Clonostachys rosea) on soil bacterial, fungal, and protist communities
Science of the Total Environment, 738, e139635 (link)
ÖZTOPRAK, H., WALDEN, S., HEGER, T., BONKOWSKI, M., DUMACK, K., 2020
What Drives the Diversity of the Most Abundant Terrestrial Cercozoan Family (Rhogostomidae, Cercozoa, Rhizaria)?
Microorganisms, 8, 1123 (link)