"It's about finding a balance between teaching and sharing, business and pleasure" Romain Cellery, head of the Wine School.
Since 1999, the Wine School has been offering courses aimed at:
- Wine lovers, from beginners to experienced wine tasters
- professionals from the hotel and catering sector
- those working in the wine and spirit trade
The subjects taught include:
- tasting and sensory analysis, from an introductory module on wine tasting to an advanced module that teaches competences required to judge wine competitions
- knowledge of the wines of the world, from Bordeaux to Italy, from Burgundy to the New World, not forgetting Switzerland, of course
- viticulture and winemaking, the basics of vine cultivation and oenology with plenty of technical tastings and practical work
- knowledge of grape varieties and terroirs. Through tasting, you will find out the characterises the most widely-grown grape varieties such as Chardonnay, Syrah, Pinot noir, aso
- delights and discoveries: chocolate, coffee, tea, whisky, olive oil, aso
- the grape and wine market – management – legislation. These classes will increase your knowledge about the legal aspects of wine sales, marketing and promotion
Every year, qualified lecturers offer over 60 courses to almost 300 amateurs and professionals. Most courses take place in the evening.